Lieux de vie (cliquez sur la carte)
From 2015: Head of the Development Sector (Information Technologies)
- I Manage the Development and Testing Technical Teams activities (28 IT experts) and I follow-up the delivery of services according to EEAS standards.
- As member of the PMO (Project & Portfolio Management) board, I supervise and ensure evolution over years of EEAS Portfolio, software architectures, technical and security guidelines, software development tools, hosting capability and working methods.
- As Project manager, I Manage some lateral projects.
- As Business Domain Relation Managers, I review IS Projects priorities with Business Domain Steering Committee, I follow-up budget allocation and I report to business owners.
- I act as Operational Agent for financial files and contracts.
- I report on Sector activities and on ongoing projects.
- I coordinate with the other Sectors and with other Sections
EU Public Administration
2006-2015: Head of the Service “Information Systems” (Information Technologies)
- Design, analysis and implementation Information Systems for both the European Economic and Social Committee and the Committee of the Regions. These systems allowed a smooth processing of the work of the Committees.
- Responsible user for an annual budget of some 2,500,000 €. Preparation and management of complex tender procedures and contracts.
- Technical management of the service in terms of Methodology, Architecture and Portfolio. Project management (PM² and Scrum methodologies). Process management (Review processes before adapting systems)
- Members of the “Comité informatique interinstitutionnel” (CII) – Sub Group Information Systems.
- As from 1st January 2014, function of “Head of Unit of equivalent”
EU Public Administration
2001-2006: Information Systems and Organisation Project Manager – OTIS
- As part of an international team -American, English, Dutch, Indian-, setup a worldwide information system (supply chain)
- Implementation of a solution to store and manage the business processes of the factory
- Management of both the manufacturing and logistic aspects of the implementation of local information system. (Baan ERP, Business Object)
- Design and setup of the Intranet and content management site
- Deployment, upgrading of the warehouse management system
OTIS – Avenue des Montoires – 45 500 Gien – France (Engineering industry, Elevators)
1999-2001: Teacher of Physical Sciences and Educational adviser
- Teaching of physical sciences
- Participation in several educational projects designed to counter poor performance at school.
National Education – College Villon – 49100 Les Ponts de CE – France (Teaching)
1991-1999: Coordinator and Professor
- Implementation of bilingual courses in schools in the Czech Republic and Slovakia
- Teamwork with Czech, Slovak and French teachers.
- Coordination of teaching in seven bilingual schools. Professor of physics.
French Ministry of Foreign Affairs – Prague – Czech Republic (Cooperation project between France, Czech Republic and Slovakia)
1988-1991: Computer engineer
- Applications development
- Programming desk applications
Groupe Bouygues – 78 000 Saint Quentin Yvelines – France (Public works and Civil engineering)
1982-1987: Engineering degree
- Electronic data processing; electronic; automatic
- Ecole Nationale Superieure d’Ingenieurs de Caen (University-level college for the continuing education of qualified engineers)
ENSI Caen – I.S.M.Ra – 14 000 Caen – France
- Engineering degree (5 years university)
Personal skills and competences
- FRENCH : Mother tongue
- ENGLISH: Proficient
- GERMAN: Independent
- CZECH: Basic
Social, organisational, technical skills and competences
- Extensive experience in leading a team and managing financial resources
- Significant practical experience with project management
Pragmatic approach to project. Agile and iterative methodology
- Experience with IT tools: Office tools, management software (ABAC, Sysper2), Reporting tools (Business Object) Content management software (Intranet, Document, Search)
- Adaptation to various teams, environments, project, technologies.
Strong Communication skills
- Author of several books on the EU institutions and policies aimed at French students (more than 12 000 copies sold)
- Public writer for 15 years:
- Providing assistance to persons in need of help for expressing themselves in written form
- Bi-weekly presence in the Saint-Josse public Library
- President of the Association “En Toutes Lettres”
- Owner and animator of the LinkedIn Group “Ecrivain Public – Public writer”
- Strong pedagogical skills: Teacher and educational advisor for 10 years (1991 – 2001)
- Speaker, several times, for visitors groups at the EESC. Participation to the Open Days.
Ability to lead a team and manage human and financial resources
- Ability to lead a team. As Head of Service (2006 – 2015), and Head of Sector (as from 2015).
- Ability to manage financial resources and contracts. Responsible user for an annual budget of some 2,500,000 € (2006 – 2015). Strong experience in budget management.
- Substantial experience in the preparation and management of complex tender procedures and contracts.
Extensive experience for design and implementation of Information Systems
- Practical and pragmatic experience in project management. My team uses the PM² and Scrum methodology (Agile).
- Strong experience in process management. Review internal processes before implementing IT systems.
- Relation with the users and the business owners, including participation to the IT steering Committees. Preparation and execution of communication plans.
Other skills and competences
- President of the association “En toutes lettres” – 2004-2014
- Chess: 12 years of matches. Vice-Champion of France Scolaire in 1982. Courses for adults. Organisation of a school for young children.
- Rugby (Tour in South Africa with the Prague “Barbarians”)
- Connaître l’Union européenne, La Documentation française. 192 pages. Publication 2005, 2007.
- L’Europe aux concours, La Documentation française. 200 pages. Publication 2008, 2010, 2013, 2015
- Place Dailly – Eloge de la différence, ETL, avec Nadine Genesse. 80 pages. Publication 2012
- Vingt recettes du Monde, Acrodalivre, avec Nadine Genesse. 160 pages. Publication 2014
- Souvenirs d’enfance et recettes du Monde, Acrodacrolivres, with N Genesse and M Saad. 2015
- Légumes oubliés… recettes retrouvées, Acrodacrolivres, with N Genesse and M Saad. 2016
- Telephones +GSM +32 (0) 4 94 14 01 69
- E-mail: midumou @ hotmail.com
- Web site: http://www.micheldumoulin.eu
- Nationality / Birth / Gender: French / 12 May 1964 / Male